Final Blog Post - Evan


My experience with the studying of the Holocaust was deep. It impacted my feelings, dreams, thoughts, and emotions. Over the month I learned about the torture and suffering of the Holocaust. I also learned the struggles, the thoughts and the overall story of the ones in it. Now, this topic altogether has huge significance. It’s mainly taught for making sure it never happens again, and to inform all kids on what happened at this time in history. I’m one of those kids that got that privilege to learn and I have learned a lot. We went from auto-biographies and interviews to going to the museum and videos. This taught me to take things and treasure them because of me having them. It also made me watch out more and watch how I say and/or portray my thoughts or feelings. Night the novel we read by Elie Weisel was very touching and “painful” to read. It had me on the verge of tears and kept me wondering why. We wrote multiple blog posts on the novel (one of which you are reading now) and discussed in class. All of his personal accounts stunned me. One of the lines in his story that impacted me the most was “The race towards death has begun”. We then did our blog post on the pictures, we all scrolled through lots of hard photos to see. I then chose one and tried my hardest to reflect on it. Next, we watched Elie’s speech he talked about the tragedy and others’ point of view. We then went to the National Holocaust Museum and learned even more about struggles conditions and how they were treated. We saw a boxcar that was used in the Holocaust for transporting Jews, beds, and bunks that they had to be in. We also heard more personal accounts, read and watched videos. Overall this unit was tough and hard to get through but it is needed in all school curriculums and is educational for us.

Comments

  1. You did a very good job on explaining how you felt when you were studying the Holocaust. I can also agree that studying the Holocaust was deep, and also I agree that it is tragic but needed for kids to learn about. You also did a good job explaining what happened during the Holocaust, and what you learned. When it said it impacted your feelings, you did a really powerful explanation, because you said it didn't only impact your feelings, but also your dreams, thoughts, and emotions. I think you did an amazing job! Great job Evan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3