Paolo Peña Blog Post #3
Death and Sorrow
By Paolo
There. I was face-to-face with the Angel of Death . . .
The first night in camp,
turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.
A small red flame
A shot
Death enveloped me, it suffocated me
Something inside me,
Rebelled against Death
Die, Here or elsewhere,
What did it matter
Die today, tomorrow, or later
Too late to save your old father . . .
No prayers said over his tomb
No candle lit in memory
He called out and I did not answer
I did not weep and it pained
But I was out of tears
Free at last! . . .
I like the contrast of faith to hopeless in this poem. From the only reason of his dad to struggle to live, to eventually felt free of his father’s death. The poem is deep and profound, it gave me the feeling of desperation and guilt. All in all, I like your poem.
ReplyDeleteThe lines "Too late to save your old father . . .
ReplyDeleteNo prayers said over his tomb" make me feel sorrowful. You chose excellent quotes and you linked them together in a satisfying way. Well done Paolo.
I really like the quotes that you have provided for this poem. the poem was very deep and it made me really think. I think you did a really good job.
ReplyDelete