Blog Post #3
The Death of God by Mikayla
Never shall I forget the flames that consumed my faith forever
Never shall I forget those moments that murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to ashes
The student of Talmud, the child I was, had been consumed by the flames
All that was left was a shape that resembled me
The death of God in the soul of a child who suddenly faces absolute evil
God is dead
The God of love, of gentleness and consolation, the God of Abraham, Isaac,
and Jacob had, under the watchful gaze of this child, vanished forever into the smoke of the human holocaust
My eyes had opened and I was alone
Terribly alone in a world without God, without man
Without love or mercy
I was nothing but ashes now
Your poem does a great job of conveying both signs of despair and sorrow. I love the fluidity of the quotes!
ReplyDeleteI love how you chose important parts of the book that really showed Elie's emotions and how he started to loose faith in God because he thought God wasn't helping him because of his bad situation
ReplyDelete