Chelsea Blog Post #3

A-7713
By: Chelsea Wood


A name to them,
Nothing but a number 
“tattooed numbers on our left
Arms”
Not just the number but the story of his life 
Permanent, forever engraved
To Elie 
The reality is that God is dead, 
the God of
love, of gentleness and consolation
He was gone 
Left 
When he was expected to save them 
To Elie 
That number is the devil
Because it is everything he did 
and everything he went through
Someone said to Elie 
“Run as if the devil is at your heels”
So he ran 
And Elie was one of the only ones left 






Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem. I really liked the theme, I also liked how you showed that they were not thought of as a human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you chose such a simple topic but used a lot of detail to make it a lot stronger. Overall great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3