Claire Blog Post #3
The Fight
By: Claire
Everyone around me has given up,
their lifeless bodies lying in the cold snow telling me to join them,
each one Inviting me into their deep slumber,
but to sleep means to die, and I rebelled against that death.
We have already escaped the gravest danger:selection.
Everyday is a step closer to liberation and they are giving up now?
To have lived and endured so much, they were ready to die now?
I could have screamed in anger,
we had transcended the impossible, death should be the last thing on their minds.
We were stronger than the cold and hunger,
we were stronger than the will to die.
Our pain and suffering was real but so was the desire to live,
the fight is far from over but please do not lose courage I beg of you.
All I ask is to have faith, to drive out despair,
muster up your strength and don’t lose heart.
Be prepared for the worst but hope for the best.
Death is close but freedom is closer.
Please don’t fall asleep.
their lifeless bodies lying in the cold snow telling me to join them,
each one Inviting me into their deep slumber,
but to sleep means to die, and I rebelled against that death.
We have already escaped the gravest danger:selection.
Everyday is a step closer to liberation and they are giving up now?
To have lived and endured so much, they were ready to die now?
I could have screamed in anger,
we had transcended the impossible, death should be the last thing on their minds.
We were stronger than the cold and hunger,
we were stronger than the will to die.
Our pain and suffering was real but so was the desire to live,
the fight is far from over but please do not lose courage I beg of you.
All I ask is to have faith, to drive out despair,
muster up your strength and don’t lose heart.
Be prepared for the worst but hope for the best.
Death is close but freedom is closer.
Please don’t fall asleep.
Claire
ReplyDeleteYour poem is very touching. It tells the struggles that they went through an are going through. It shows all that gave up and lost hope though so close. And shows how easy it was to do that. Overall, nice job and very well put together!