Blog Post #3 Jayla

Faith
By - Jayla


We believed in God
I prayed at dusk
We spoke almost every evening
How was it possible that people were being burned
I felt anger rising within me
But where is merciful God
Why would He chose to be silent
Why did I pray
Why would I bless Him
Why should I sanctify His name
Never shall I forget that night
Never shall I forget those things
I remember it always
It is graven in your memories

Nothing could frighten us anymore

Comments

  1. Jayla,

    I thought that the order that you put your quotes in really helped me understand what your main point of the poem was. Also, I thought that the quotes you chose were very powerful and really made me understand what he was feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3