Noah Blog Post #1


Night is a challenging book to read. It's sad and brutal to read what they have to go through. It makes me feel bad for all the people during this time. “You can’t understand. I have been saved miraculously. I managed to get back here. Where did I get the strength from? I wanted to come back to Sighet to tell you the story of my death. So that you could prepare yourselves while there was still time. To live? I don’t attach any importance to my life anymore. I’ m alone.  No, I wanted to come back, and to warn you. And see how it is, no one will listen to me. . . .”(7). This quote made me feel bad that nobody would listen to his story after getting beaten and tortured. It’s sad to think about getting beaten every day, and being alone and nobody listening to his sad story. Another quote that impacted me: “they began to walk without another glance at the abandoned streets, the dead, empty houses, the gardens, the tombstones on everyone's back there was a sack. In everyone's eyes, tears, and distress. Slowly, heavily,  the procession advanced toward the gate of the ghetto.”(17). This impacted me a lot. I imagined in my head if I was one of those people were finally leaving the ghetto and being free and I would also be very emotionally like them. 

Comments

  1. I liked your point about not being able to imagine what it would be like to be in the jewish peoples shoes. You did a good job of describing how you felt, and I liked when you were talking about how sad and brutal it is too read. Overall very good! My only suggestion is some things felt a little shallow, such as “It’s sad to think about getting beaten every day, and being alone and nobody listening to his sad story” maybe replacing sad with another word would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job on describing how the book impacted you and how it made you feel, and I agree that it was a challenging book to read, but I think that you could've described more of Elies experience. And the quotes you included in your passage fit well with the context I just think they were a little too long and you could've summarized them. But I think you did a good job explaining.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3