Osob Essa Blog Post #4
Before our unit of the Holocaust, I didnt fully understand how brutal this time period was. In the book Night , Elie talked about his experience at the concentration camp, which was extremely hard to read. Going to the Holocaust musuem was even harder. When we watched life is beautiful, they talked about how they take older people and children into a room and tell them that they are going to take them in for a shower. But they actually put them into a gas chamber. And at the holocoaust museum I saw a picture and there was someone who knew what was going on with the gas chambers and was throwing out her kids, screaming let me die and not them. But an overall question I had during this unit was that, did the people torturing the Jews actually believe that they think it's fair to take innocent people to a concentration camp, or were they just afraid of Hitler and had a better advantage because they were German. In the beginning of the book Night , Elie talked about how much he cared a...
I like how this poem has such strong wording and is so powerful. I like how it brings out that the Jews have lost hope in God and also in life.
ReplyDeleteI really like the theme of this poem, it draws big attention to the feeling of victims. And the last sentence is so strong that made me felt the desperate feeling that did not belong to me.
ReplyDelete