Blog Post #1

“From that moment on, everything happened very quickly. The race towards death had begun.” (Wiesel 10) I was shocked to read that the Germans were so quick to begin their torturing and were starting the torture over the holiday of Passover of all days. Later in this passage, Eli elaborates how the Germans tortured them and just how quickly they did it. For example, the Jews were first prohibited from leaving their residences for three days, under penalty of death, Then on the same day, the Hungarian police burst into every Jewish home in town now forbidding them to have gold,  jewelry, or any valuables. It’s simply shocking to see just how quickly the Germans wanted to get rid of the Jewish. In addition, it’s saddening to read that while the Germans were torturing people, that those people’s children were sometimes present and had to see their parents in such pain. When I read, “She received several blows to the head, blows that could’ve been lethal. Her son was clinging desperately to her, not uttering a word. He was no longer crying.” (Wiesel 26) I couldn’t have even imagined what it would be like to be in such fear and pain while watching that happen right in front of me.

Comments

  1. I feel like this was a fast start, sort of diving right into it. You did a good job of portraying the emotions you felt and how awful some of the things the people had to witness and experience was. Overall, very emotional but kind of a fast start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you really went in depth as you described how the Jewish people had to deal with the harsh conditions Germans set for them. Also how you described all these acts happening in one single day was very good. You also did an excellent job at describing how you could not imagine these actions being taken place. I also felt as though you could have described some more in the beginning of your post rather that jumping into a quote.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3