Blog Post #1
In the book Night, by Elie Wiesel the parts I thought were most interesting was how the people
seemed trapped. They were forced to wait for a fate which they had no knowledge of. I was
shocked and seconded guessed the reality of this history.
seemed trapped. They were forced to wait for a fate which they had no knowledge of. I was
shocked and seconded guessed the reality of this history.
“They went defeated, their bundles, their lives in tow, having left behind their homes, their
childhood.” (Weisel 17)
childhood.” (Weisel 17)
The people had no option on where they sent next, and if they refuse they got killed. I was
disheartened by the conditions they were put in. I was shocked by how someone could have
such hatred and darkness in their heart. They had to stand in a small building sometimes for
days, without food or water waiting for a truck to come and take them to be killed. One
interesting choice to make in the writing was to have two different narratives in the book.
One that explained what was going on in the story and another explained what was about
to happen.
disheartened by the conditions they were put in. I was shocked by how someone could have
such hatred and darkness in their heart. They had to stand in a small building sometimes for
days, without food or water waiting for a truck to come and take them to be killed. One
interesting choice to make in the writing was to have two different narratives in the book.
One that explained what was going on in the story and another explained what was about
to happen.
"The yellow star? So what? It's not lethal ...
(Poor Father! Of what then did you die?)” (Weisel 11)
In scenarios similar to this one, there is one narrator giving the characters thoughts or actions.
A second narrator will then sometimes tell you the effect of their action.
A second narrator will then sometimes tell you the effect of their action.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAmiee,
DeleteI also seconded guessed when reading some parts of the Elie's story. What Elie says and what happen to him is so awful that when so read it you think you're dreaming or that you may have read the words wrong. It's is just horrific to think its reality. Also I think you did a good job expressing how you felt.
-Chelsea
Aimee,
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you on how awful and cruel these people really were. They were heartless, almost as if robots. The quotes that you chose from the passage were strong by supporting your previous message on the cruelty that was brought upon these people. With the two different narratives, I believe it helps the readers process and understand what is really happening at the time. However, I enjoyed reading your writing and hearing your thoughts on the book.