Blog Post #1

So far this book made me surprised that the Jews did not believe Moishe because the things the Germans did were so unbelievable. “But people not only refused to believe his tales, they refused to listen” (Wiesel 7).  It’s also shocking that not a lot of people didn’t even listen to Moishe, and that the Germans did stuff like that to people and the majority didn’t feel bad. I also felt sad for the Jews had to stand in a small cattle car with barely any food and water “Lying down was not an option, nor could we sit… After two days of travel, thirst became intolerable, as did the heat” (Wiesel 23).  It’s also very shocking how the German police let the people get in bad condition and not do anything. This book also moved me because the people remained hopeful “‘We mustn't give up hope, even now as the sword hangs over our heads”(Wiesel 31). If they could stay strong through this they can do anything.
It’s also very sad that Mrs. Schächrer was going crazy because of the separation from her family and the Germans didn’t really care about it. It also makes me feel bad for the parents of small children because the German’s do not value people that can not do the work for them “A truck drew close and unloaded its hold: small children”(Wiesel 32).  I don’t only feel bad for the children I feel bad for the parents because the parents spent a couple of years trying to raise the children as best as they can. I also like how sometimes he talks in the moment and also from the future. “Yes, I did see this, with my own eyes… (Is it any wonder that ever since then, sleep tends to elude me?) (Wiesel 32).

Comments

  1. I can also agree that it was surprising to see the Jews not believe Moishe. I really like that right before your quote, you explained what was going to happen, and then used a really powerful quote to express your emotions after that. The only problem I had is that you ended the blog with a quote, which isn't the worst thing, but I think you could have added some dialogue. I love how you explained your emotions, and what you felt if you were in his position. I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayla, I think that your quotes fit well with your passage. And I think you balanced you emotions with elies emotions as well. and at the beginning I agree that it a surprise that the Jew's did not believe Moishe. Like Griffin said I dont think you should've ended your passage with a quote. You could've explained it after as well. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3