Aimee Blog Post #4


Overall this topic has changed the way I thought of the Holocaust. Mainly because I hadn't learned much about the it to start with and this new knowledge was horrible and disgusted me. Even though I can’t  relate to the struggles of one who survived the holocaust it is difficult having to go over this topic in a classroom. I second guessed the reality of it all, of how humans could have the capability of doing such harmful things. I have a new regard for survivors and their courage, and to those who perished.  After hearing the words of people, survivors, talking about their experience and how it left them with awful memories it made me imagine how hard it would be to move on everyday without remembering dreadful things that they had to go through. After reading the book Night, by Elie Wiesel I realized how terrifying experiences basically destroy everything you love or once loved. There is an obvious difference in the behavior at the beginning and towards the end of the book. For example, in the beginning of the book Elie was very faithful towards God, but at the end he and many others question his existence. Many times in the book Elie talks about how he felt he had no reason to live. Towards the end of the book when Elie’s father passed away his reaction was empty and emotionless. In the beginning of the book he is a bright joyful person. It scared me to see how people could change from one person to another when their survival instincts set off. I saw that people not only died but they were tortured emotionally and physically. I feel like it would be useful to educate people on the Holocaust based on how little I knew before so they could have more of a reality about what happened. 

Comments

  1. Aimee,

    I agree with you completely on how Elie is a changed person. For me also I never really thought about how different a person would be after going through this and Night helped me see that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3