Throughout our study of the Holocaust, most of my time was spent processing how one man, more or less, managed to cause this horrendous event in human history. Hitler’s movement was the reason the word “genocide” was created. I know that when we think of events like these, we don’t necessarily associate them with our present. But just like us now, no one thought this form of evil, this desire to annihilate a whole race, could be carried out successfully. But it did. And for a long while too. The idea of furnaces, ha… furnaces, built to burn humans bodies, dead or alive, it didn’t matter. “‘Over there, that's where they will take you. Over there will be your grave. You still don't understand? You sons of bitches. Don't you understand anything? You will be burned! Burned to a cinder! Turned into ashes!’"(56 Wiesel). Can you imagine hearing that you will be burned alive or shot for reasons unknown to even Adonai Himself? Not knowing why you are in this hellhole in the fir...
I actually almost used this picture. It interested me but I couldn’t think of a fitting caption. I think the one you chose is perfect and reflects everything in the photo. This picture shows a very small part of the result of Hitler’s and the SS officer's cruelty and the extent they will go to complete their goals.
ReplyDeleteReese,
ReplyDeleteThe main thing I find really upsetting is that this is a small portion of the victims who died. This picture shows exactly how cruel the SS officers were. It's really sad that this is only a very small amount.