Chris Blog Post #4
After studying the atrocities made by Nazism, I learned how tragic the whole event is and how hard it is for anyone to witness. From the starting hope of victims to eventually, desperation. From trusting God will help them to suspect him and finally abandoned him. The biggest reflection of that was that Weisel himself stopped believing in God, he wanted to learn more about that before. This did and didn’t surprise me.
This whole event was terrific, it’s a reminder for nowaday people like us to prevent such thing from happening again. I can still remember the scene described by Wiesel that he almost git smothered by people who tried to get some rest in a corner, and the scene of father and son got killed. It’s inhumane to treat people like that. And I can still remember the sentences he wrote about when he grows up, he saw an elegant lady tossing coins to poor native children and let them fight to the death for it, and found it amusing, but she explained it as charity. I found it similar to roman history about the Colosseum, what happened millenniums away from us. Nazism somehow degraded to Barbarians.
According to what I read from Elie’s speech, “Can this be true, this is the twentieth century, not the Middle Ages”(Wiesel), Jews were shocked and terrified, but they still had faith. Like what he said, “Yes, I have faith. Faith in God and even in His creation”(Wiesel). It’s naive that drove them into bewilderment and eventually, the tragedy. Elie thinks only when every child doesn’t suffer from coldness, hunger, the world will be covered with shame. And I agree with it, how could little children forget about what happened in their own childhood? If they suffer from it in the very beginning, their life will be ruined.
Therefore, I learned about the atrocities done by Nazism, the eternal night for Jews, and how to make this world a real good place for everyone.
Prompt 1
Comments
Post a Comment