Griffin Blog Post #4

In my experiences of reading Night, the one word I would use to describe the novel was tragic. Night for me was incredibly hard to read. It’s extremely sad and something I can’t imagine happening now. Just the fact that someone would ever want to completely erase one kind, is just shocking. If I ever witnessed seeing that in my life, personally I don’t think I could handle it. If I had to bear witness and tell someone about what happened, it would be very hard to even say words, because all of the memories would probably pop back into my head, and I would start to get emotional. For instance, in Night, one part of the novel that really impacted me was the part where the guards used babies as shooting targets. However, when Elie Wiesel was standing against Nazi Germany in his Nobel speech, I felt extremely inspired. Another sad part was in Life is Beautiful. It was when the father and Joshua got on the train to the concentration camp, and they didn’t know what and where they were going, and then where Dorah (the mom), wanted to go on the train to be with their family. However, she didn’t know either, but then they were seperated. Also, when the guy played the song from the play they saw together, it was so heartwarming to see that he still remembers her, and that he still wants to see her and be with her. The whole tank idea that in the beginning, when he said that the concentration camp was a game where you needed 1000 points, I didn’t even know if he was saying that to let Joshua think a different way on where he was, or he himself didn’t know where he was. However, I never expected for him to sacrifice himself, because I thought he was the main character, but Joshua riding in the tank in the last part was really, really, emotional. Another part that had my heart pounding was when the guard’s dog was sniffing and barking at the mailbox where Joshua was hiding, and I thought he was easily going to get caught, yet somehow they never caught him. But now I know a lot more about the Holocaust and what tragedies had happened back then.

Comments

  1. I agree with that that Night was a tragic book however, I think you should focus more on the idea of tragic. I got the idea of your paragraph that it was more of depressing not as much tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While reading Night I was also shocked and sad knowing that things happened in real life. I think that what you wrote was very well written and I agree with it, but you kind of get off topic a bit. Other than that, it was a great essay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3