Aisha Blog Post #3

Last Aspiration


Night had fallen
Fear was greater than hunger
Cannon shots broke the silence of the night
Every bomb that hit filled us with joy
Gave us renewed confidence
We were stronger than cold and hunger.
Stronger than the guns and the desire to die.
But we were exhausted
We had lost all strength
All illusion
Empty and dead
Not a living soul
I saw myself in every stiffened corpse
But deep inside
I knew that to sleep meant to die

One falls asleep forever.

Comments

  1. Overall I really like how your poem shows the struggle of just wanting to sleep but knowing in your head that when your eyes close they may never open again. Really strong poem, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem! I really like that your poem shows how hard it was for them and how dangerous it was for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Osob Essa Blog Post #4