Andrew Blog Post #3
“Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp,
that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed”-Elie Wiesel
What Does “Night” Mean
Andrew B.
We could hear the wheels churning out that monotonous rhythm of a train, traveling through the night
none of this could be true, it was a nightmare
our doors opened
we looked at the flames in the darkness
It must have been about midnight when we arrived at Birkenau,
reception center for Auschwitz
never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed
never shall I forget the small faces of the children
I saw bodies transformed into smoke under a silent sky
never shall I forget that smoke
In my father’s place lay another invalid.
He disappeared into the night shadows
Never shall I forget that night
Andrew
ReplyDeleteYour poem speaks to me very much! It shows suffering without stating it and sadness without speech. Overall, your poem is perfectly made to the guidelines and exceeds expectations! Well done!
your poem compiles the thoughts of elie as he is arriving in birkenua. He is questioning the reality of what he see's as well as many times saying he will not forget what he has experienced, a theme also presented in his nobel piece prize award speach. goodjob.
ReplyDelete