Osob Essa Blog Post #1

After reading a section of this book, it had me realizing how hard and scary life was for Elie and his family. It makes me feel upset that Elie was so serious and loyal to his religion and was very proud to be Jewish, but he has to hide who he was or get killed. “ As for me, my place was in the house of study…” (Night 4)At the beginning of the novel, before he found out that he would be killed for his religion, it stated that he would go to the synagogue and constantly pray that his father would have to tell him to stop. “ He wanted to drive the idea of studying Kabbalah from my mind.” (Night 4) But it just makes me upset that he has to hide who he is so he doesn't get killed. I noticed how the author wrote the events which had occurred very quickly. But I wonder if it had all happened quickly to him or if it had been a while so he shortened it while writing.  At the beginning of the book ( the forward ) he talked about throwing babies up into the air and shooting them; at first it sounded so surreal to me that they had done these things to especially babies but then I found out that they had actually done things like this and I was in awe.

Comments

  1. I like that you explained a lot of the events that happened very descriptively, and I can agree with you that those events were horrific for me and everyone to read. However, the ending doesn't really sound like it's going to end, and I also think you needed a quote about the babies being used as targets. I think you also needed a little more about what you felt about Elie's writing. But overall, I think you did a good job explaining the events that happened and what you felt while reading the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Osob,


    I also felt sad that Elie was so faithful because we all knew that he was going to start to lose faith in God. Which is understandable because after all the time he pray this is what god gave in return awful conditions and the constant fear of death. In the end good job expressing how you felt and give examples.
    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3