Reese Corckran Blog Post #1

The hardest part of reading this book is attempting to accept that this is the truth, that this was a part of history. Attempting to understand the horrors that an entire society of people was put through, and that any human has enough hate in there soul to inflict such pain and horrors. “Infants were tossed into the air and used as targets for machine guns.”(6 Wiesel). I truly believe you would be hard-pressed to find someone who has the ability to read that passage and imeaditly accept that anyone has the heart enact such a deed. “A yellow star? So what? It's not lethal…” (11 Wiesel). The only thing that is possibly more horrifying than the brutal death of a human being is how unexpected it was. How even the people who in a short few months were going to be digging their own graves attempted to be optimistic when confronted with signs of the coming horrors. 

Elie Wiesel writes with emotion and yet doesn't let it overpower the facts and experiences he shares, he uses Judaism and Hebrew to emphasize the Nazi's impact on his beliefs. The pace of the book shows how hectic and haphazardly everything happened, however, there is no absence of detail. His writing flows pleasantly adding an expectable rhythm to it that is ubiquitously disrupted not by the pattern but by the impact of his words.

Comments

  1. I completely agree with you with what you said about the horrors of Night being a true story and about how unexpected the Holocaust was. It is truly insane to realize what really happened and to hear people's stories about what they went through and what they saw happen. I also agree with what you said about Elie’s writing style. How the pace is hectic and shows just how quickly everything happened. He doesn’t draw out sentences or take a long time to explain any individual event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in complete agreement with everything you have said. Looking back on it, I find the naivety of the jew, dare I say, pitiful. Their trust and faith in the Germans just shows how brainwashed they were. I also agree with you on his style of writing. The quick pace of the book perfectly. I am still somewhat surprised by his ability to not over-explain his experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Andrew Blog Post #1