Paolo Peña Blog Post #1


This book has made me very emotional. Ellie’s writing throughout the novel brings out all the inhumane things that the Germans did to the Jews. It shows the conditions that these people had to deal with in concentration camps along with all the cruel things they had to witness. Jews had to be separated from families and see people being killed right in front of their eyes. During the beginning of the book when Moishe the Beadle came back he told them all the terrible things he saw. “Without passion or haste, they shot their prisoners, who were forced to approach the trench one by one and offer their necks. Infants were tossed into the air and used as targets for the machine guns”(Wiesel 6). This passage was the most shocking because it is so hard to believe that people could just kill others without any cause and to use infants as target practice. It also struck me because these acts seem so inhumane and seemed over exaggerated because I thought no such thing could happen. Right as they were arriving at the concentration camp after dealing with harsh conditions on the trip there SS officers started to hit them. “Abruptly the doors opened. Strange-looking creatures, dressed in striped jackets and black pants, jumped into the wagon. Holding flashlights and sticks, they began to strike at us left and right”(Wiesel 28). When the Jews left to go into boxcars and travel the long journey without water and very little food it was mind blowing that the Germans didn’t care anything about them and if they lived or not. Right after that when they arrived SS officers starting hitting them for no reason. They treated them like animals not caring what happened. Wiesel writing brings out the hatred the Germans had and how they treated Jews as inferior to them. 

Comments

  1. I also find that part of the book very emotional, I also agree that the book brings out the inhumane things they did to the Jews, I also think that the book shows these inhumane things from a different perspective. That quote was also very shocking to me, the things they did were so unbelievable nobody could believe it. It was very mind blowing that the Germans didn’t care about the Jews just because of their race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your feeling about how inhumane German soldiers were, they treat Jews as if they were animals. Just like the part before Elie’s father got slapped by the gypsy, that gypsy stared at him for a long time as if trying to b sure the person addressing him was a human. And they even shot those young lives. I couldn’t believe that too, it’s truculent. And I like the way you put each quote, they become a coherent relationship and illustrate the cruelty of German soldiers thoroughly. All in all, I think you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with your paragraph, I did also think it was very emotional. I think that the Germans were being unfair to Jews. I think that the way Germans was treating Jews is unreal to think about. I do think you did a very good job on the paragraph and explaining everything. I think you did very well, Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Osob Essa Blog Post #4

Kaelyn Blog Post #4

Camille Blog Post #3